(: Black Blank Blog :)

Friday, September 01, 2006

Manhattan

I have been here for 3 months already and still felt like a stranger living in a familiar place. I was asked many times for a question like how do find it? You like it here? And my answer is “it’s ok”. NYC is a busy city and I found that American always on the runs. They walk, eat and speak quite fast. I sometimes saw people having their food while walking.

Even it is hard to find a space in New York, I saw a lot of people walking around with if not a big dog, a very small dog. Sometimes, the small dogs just got lucky, they don’t even have to walk, dog owners manage to put them in a cute bag and carry around.
The streets in New York City are well organized.. messy things are all placed underground, it is easy for me to walk around without getting lost. On sidewalk, I often find street vendors like Hotdog (with Pretzel), nuts, fruits vendors, and newsstands.


After my complaint of staying in New York with Jib, She replied me that “Well, how come you get bored so easy? There is a lot to see and to do in NY. It's very dynamic. Parks, outdoor concert and other stuffs. Try to find something and it will be fun. Summer always has some activities going on”, right! There are a lot of places that interest me (very little). I have been to Central park, American Museum of National History, China town, Soho and Union square. It was quite nice. China town is considered quite a big area comparing to China town in other cities. The green open market (Union Square) was also interesting place. Fruit, vegetable and dairy products selling there were fresh..good quality and not expensive at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home